Monday 20 May 2013

Eurovision Cuisine

Happy Monday to you all!

Today is my day of rest after a fun weekend, drinking lots and eating lots more which is the best way to spend a weekend, right?!

I hope you all watched the Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday night! It is always one of my favourite nights of the year and since a very young age I have always made whoever I am spending the evening with watch it with me. I happened to be spending it with one of my besties who doesn't usually watch it (SHOCK HORROR) but decided to embrace the eurotrash and even got into the spirit by suggesting we make Swedish influenced food- Sweden, of course, being the home of Eurovision this year!

I, for one, was definitely up for making meatballs and smorgasboard! In the end we decided to take a twist on meatballs using turkey mince, serving it up with yummy sweet potato mash and braised red cabbage with pear.

Just mix it all together and roll into small meatballs with a little flour! mmm!


The red cabbage was braised with chopped pear, nutmeg, ground spice, lemon rind, vinegar, brown sugar and vegetable stock for approx. 45 mins!

Clockwise: (1) Meatballs ready to fry, (2) Meatballs warming in oven, (3) CĂ´tes du Rhone- my fav red wine! (4) The masterpiece!




All this washed down with a nice glass of red wine and the dulcet tones of the Romanian entry (watch here) and I was happy as Larry.

How did you spend your Eurovision 2013?

Oh, and congratulations to Denmark, commiserations to Bonnie...I believed.

Lots of luv,

Ess Double You x

No comments:

Post a Comment